Early Engineering with Structures
Teachers will learn about the science of building structures and consider ways to plan explorations of structures for their young learners. The session will address:
- How can we plan environments for a young child’s inquiry into building?
- What kind of materials are best to make available?
- How can we plan open inquiry and focused explorations that deepen children’s understanding of creating stable structures and the forces at work on structures?
Teachers will engage in explorations with building structures to better enable them to guide children’s deepening understanding of building forces.
Registration for this training is limited. Please limit registration to two preschool/pre-Kindergarten teachers per child development facility or school campus. For questions about this training, contact Lauren Allen at Lauren.Allen@dc.gov.
This course addresses the following age band(s):
- Early childhood - middle (36-60 months)
- Early childhood - late (5-8 years)